Join our exceptional team
SRA, Research Cell Engineering (111)
FULL TIME EXEMPT
HOME OFFICE: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ONSITE WORK REQUIRED
CERo Therapeutics, Inc., is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company’s core technology platform engineers T cells to express immune receptors called chimeric engulfment receptors (CERs) that enable T cells to target, induce cellular damage, uptake tumor antigen, and remove tumor cells. This approach effectively unites the anti-tumor attributes of both innate and adaptive immune responses into a single T cell product. Our vision is a new class of cell-based medicines with the potential for more complete and durable anti-tumor responses, while maintaining a favorable toxicity profile across multiple cancer indications.
We are seeking a full-time SRA, Research Cell Engineering to plan and execute the functional testing of CERs in immune cells. You will be helping to select and develop lead candidates for the CER platform that have optimal cytotoxic and engulfment functions.
The successful candidate will support in vitro functional characterization of T cell receptors for the development of personalized directed T cell therapies. More specifically, the individual will develop, validate, and execute cell-based assays to characterize T cell activation, cytokine secretion, cytotoxicity, and effector function in vitro. The individual will also execute phagocytosis assays to support mechanism-of-action studies and lead-finding/optimization efforts.
- Plan and execute cell-based assays assessing T cell activation, cytokine secretion, cytotoxicity, and phagocytosis function.
- Maintain adherent and non-adherent cell lines and primary cell cultures
- Develop and characterize additional model systems to support T cell characterization
- Will collaborate with multi-disciplinary project team that will coordinate with other groups to advance personalized cellular therapies
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Preferred BA/BS: 4 years or MA/MS: 2 years in immunology or related field
- Extensive hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture and T cell functional assays
- In-depth understanding of T cell culture methods and analysis; experience with myeloid cells is a plus
- Familiarity with lentiviral transduction of engineered receptors into T cells
- Experience culturing and manipulating non-adherent target cell lines is a plus
- Familiarity with data analysis software such as Excel and Prism
- Experience running multiparameter Flow Cytometry and Flowjo software is a plus
- Experience with fluorescence microscopy a plus
- Experience working in a startup environment preferred
CERo’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, flexible vacation, commuter benefits and 401K match!
CERo is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation.
CERo Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for CERo. Unsolicited resumes sent to CERo from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and/or recruiting agency and CERo and do not obligate CERo to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
To apply: please reach out to: email@example.com
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.