Join our exceptional team
Senior Research Associate (SRA), External Collaborations (115)
FULL TIME EXEMPT
HOME OFFICE: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ONSITE WORK REQUIRED
CERo Therapeutics, Inc., is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company’s core technology platform engineers T cells to express immune receptors called chimeric engulfment receptors (CERs) that enable T cells to target, induce cellular damage, uptake tumor antigen, and remove tumor cells. This approach effectively unites the anti-tumor attributes of both innate and adaptive immune responses into a single T cell product. Our vision is a new class of cell-based medicines with the potential for more complete and durable anti-tumor responses, while maintaining a favorable toxicity profile across multiple cancer indications.
We are seeking a highly motivated SRA, External Collaborations to support ongoing and future pharma and academic scientific collaborations. The successful candidate will perform laboratory-based research activities intended to functionally characterize novel engineered autologous T cell products for the treatment of solid tumors. The candidate will be expected to aid in experimental design and perform hypothesis-driven experiments to support both established and new pre-clinical external collaborations.
- Ability and desire to collaborate in experimental design, perform and assist in management of experiments
- Knowledge to support phenotypic and functional characterization of engineered T cells
- Positively engage cross-functionally with internal research teams and external collaborators to support pre-clinical product characterization
- Aid in troubleshooting technical issues and recommend data-driven corrective actions based on observation and supportive literature searches
- Desire to work with collaborators to co-ordinate methodology and sample analysis
- Ability to interpret experimental outcomes and support presentation of results in internal meetings
EDUCATION AND PREFERRED SKILLSET:
- Preferred BA/BS 4 years or MA/MS 2 years
- Proficiency in routine laboratory procedures including PCR, Flow Cytometry and multiparametric ELISA
- Direct experience with T-cell functional characterization assays including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine/chemokine evaluation
- Experience with standard laboratory techniques including co-culture of primary human T cells and cancer cell lines
CERo’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, 401K match and lunch for all personnel!
CERo is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation.
CERo Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for CERo. Unsolicited resumes sent to CERo from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and/or recruiting agency and CERo and do not obligate CERo to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.