Join our exceptional team
Sr. Scientist, External Collaborations (114)
FULL TIME EXEMPT
HOME OFFICE: SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ONSITE WORK REQUIRED
CERo Therapeutics, Inc., is a privately held biopharmaceutical company pioneering cell-based therapies that incorporate multiple forms of tumor clearance into single cells. The company’s core technology platform engineers T cells to express immune receptors called chimeric engulfment receptors (CERs) that enable T cells to target, induce cellular damage, uptake tumor antigen, and remove tumor cells. This approach effectively unites the anti-tumor attributes of both innate and adaptive immune responses into a single T cell product. Our vision is a new class of cell-based medicines with the potential for more complete and durable anti-tumor responses, while maintaining a favorable toxicity profile across multiple cancer indications.
We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Scientist, External Collaborations to lead ongoing and future pharma and academic scientific collaborations. The successful candidate will lead highly innovative external scientific collaborations that aim to characterize novel engineered autologous T cell products for the treatment of solid tumors. The candidate will be encouraged to drive experimental design and lead a team to perform hypothesis-driven experiments to support both established and new pre-clinical external collaborations.
- Lead and ensure execution of all activities supporting external collaborations and pre-clinical evaluation of novel cell therapy products for solid tumors
- Develop strategic plans, drive timelines and achievements, and coordinate tasks across multiple collaborative projects
- Work with internal teams to design and deploy synthetic biology strategies to reprogram autologous T cells with chimeric engulfment receptors (CERs) and/ or chimeric antigen receptors (CARs)
- Communicate research plans and results in both oral and written form both internally and to external collaborators
- Work effectively with other internal departments (Molecular Biology, Vector Sciences, Process Development, Discovery Research and Clinical/ Translational Medicine) as well as external collaborators to accelerate research
- Establish a team and mentor junior scientists to support external scientific collaborations
EDUCATION AND PREFERRED SKILLSET:
- Preferred BA/BS 10 years or MA/MS 8 years or PhD 5 years
- Recognized proficiency of scientific and engineering principles related to the development of engineered autologous T cells for the treatment of cancer
- Recognized proficiency related to characterization of primary T cells, including cytotoxicity assays, cell proliferation assays and phenotypic characterization
- High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with a “yes, and” attitude alongside a willingness to do what it takes to achieve corporate goals
CERo’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, 401K match and lunch for all personnel!
CERo is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation.
CERo Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for CERo. Unsolicited resumes sent to CERo from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and/or recruiting agency and CERo and do not obligate CERo to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.
To apply: email@example.com
CERo Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or age, and CERo? will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics.